The building of the John Waldron Arts Center was constructed by George Weaver in the year of 1915. The designers of the building were F.P Riedel and John Nicholas. The initial purpose of the building was to use as first city hall of Bloomington. City’s finest public auditorium was here
a limestone symposium participant from Columbus, Ohio, takes a close look at Oakleaf Ball by Amy Brier during the opening reception for “Carved In Stone” at the Waldron Gallery in downtown Bloomington. Photo by David Snodgress, Herald-Times
In early 2010 the BAAC made headlines and announced that it needed to raise $120,000 or it would be forced to close the Waldron. In March, the City of Bloomington bought the Waldron’s assets from BAAC for $150,000. BAAC used this money to pay off its debt. An announcement of a new owner, Ivy Tech […]
The John Waldron Arts Center is now being considered as a heaven for the people who love art works, especially for the art student and for this reason, none of the visitors of Bloomington leaves without visiting this famous art center. For art students, it is a beloved place because the classes are taken by the qualified art teachers. All visitors especially foreign student and tour groups are to observe the safety recommendations and have adequate liability & medical protection.